PRESENT: Mrs J Lawrence (Vice Chairman), Mr N Blades, Mr D Cotton, Mr N Fletcher, Mr M Gaut, Mr M Pezet, Mrs J Pullin, Mr P Sanders, Mr A Wellman, Mrs C Braidwood (Clerk)
Cllr Mrs J Lawrence chaired the meeting.
Mr C Hancock
2. Minutes of the Urgent Meeting held on 18 January and the Informal Meeting held on 23 February 2010
Unanimously RESOLVED to confirm these as a true and accurate record and were signed by the Chairman.
3. Matters Arising from the above Minutes not included on the Agenda
It was noted that it had been agreed to carry out regular checks and monitor bar prices and these needed to be addressed. Mr Wellman advised that he has seen price list and believed them to be as detailed in the lease.
Mrs Lawrence advised that the managing group had considered the Pavilion to be unsuitable and were investigating the possibility of using Cotswold Hall.
King George V Playing Field and Pavilion
Draft Minutes of the Playing Field and Pavilion User Group Meeting held on 10 March 2010
Verbal Report from the Chairman of the Playing Field and Pavilion User Group
Mr Sanders noted that there had been a good meeting with representatives of the Cricket, Tennis and Youth Football Clubs at which the Tennis Club had presented their long term maintenance plan. He advised that the demise of some teams would provide less income in the future.
Report from the Chairman of the Development Group regarding future Pavilion provision together with any consultant reports available in time for the meeting
Mr Pezet advised that the Consultant would be meeting with builders later this week.
Any Other Business
Mrs Lawrence drew everyone’s attention to the Auditor’s guidance which was circulated and explained the Auditor’s concern for a clear audit trail for funding of the Trust by the Council. The Auditor had suggested:
• A small group of Trustees to act as a management group dealing with day to day matters.
• The Trust should work to a budget (which should be set by the Finance committee and confirmed by Council) for next year.
• The need to be clearer about the terms and aims of the Trust and the role of Trustees.
Trustees were advised that these issues would be considered at the next Council meeting.
There being no other business the meeting was closed at 9.10 pm