Household Recycling Centres
Cotswold District Council are likely to reopen the Household Recycling Centre at Fosse Cross soon, possibly as early as next week. In line with this week’s HRC openings in Cheltenham and Gloucester this is likely to be on a pre-booked appointment only basis only to begin with.
Updated FAQ on what you can and can’t do from Wednesday 13th May
The UK Government has updated its advice on what you can and can’t do from Wednesday 13th May and this FAQ can be found on their website see below for the link.
Age UK Gloucestershire Community Support
During Covid19 Age UK have adapted their support and they want to let local communities know that they are there to help. They have a variety of resources that they are keen to share with the community.
- Age UK have an information and advice line where anyone (older people and their families) with an issue can call and get free advice – 01452 422660
- They have set up a Freephone line if any older person is feeling lonely and wants a chat with one of their staff or volunteers – 0800 298 0579
- They are also running an online social group which older people can join, get and share info and ideas on staying occupied, there are quizzes and discussion groups. https://www.facebook.com/groups/gloucestershirespringboard
- They are promoting a campaign to Greet Your Street at 11am to get neighbours socializing on their doorsteps; they have posters that we can send out for households to show they are involved.
- There is also a lot of advice and information on their website: www.ageukgloucestershire.org.uk
Garden Waste Collection
Don’t forget Cotswold District Council are restarting the garden waste collection service for 2019-2020 licence holders from this Friday 15th May.
The service is available to all customers who hold 2019/20 garden waste licence(s)
They will only collect what is in the CDC garden waste bins and bags
No side waste will be accepted
Crew safety means they cannot collect significantly overloaded bins
There will be no additional or catch-ups for collections
Existing licences have been extended and they will process renewals in June