We have just heard that there are some people going around Northleach knocking on doors and trying to sell things. This has been reported it to the police but please report it yourself if you wish. Below is previous communication from the police about this with some information on “Nottingham Knockers”, which is the generic term for this type of seller. A “no cold callers” sticker is attached that may be of use.
“This message comes to you from the Gloucestershire Constabulary. Our telephone number for non-emergencies is 101 and calls cost 15p each. Visit the Constabulary website at www.gloucestershire.police.uk.
This is a message from the North Cotswolds Local Policing Team. Please continue to encourage your members to report similar incidents in the future so that these door step sellers may be discouraged from entering Gloucestershire.
Here is the advice from the Local Policing Team and Neighbourhood Watch:
* If possible do not answer the door to these people
* Never let them into your house for any reason.
* Persons receiving a visit from these callers are asked to phone the Police at the time on 101, so that they can come out and check them over. Please do not assume that someone else will be making the call. (However, there may be times when there are insufficient resources available for this to be done).
* The callers often say they have been trying a neighbours door – never share information with them. For example do not explain that people are on holiday or at work till late as they may use this information.
* Please notify any neighbours / family members who you think may be vulnerable to these callers.