If you have been along West End you may have spotted some new line markings and parking changes there. This is part of a long awaited programme of work requested by the Town Council, in consultation with West End residents and supported financially by County Councillor Paul Hodgkinson.
Attached is the order from Gloucestershire County Council explaining the background to the work. The idea developed to allow better movement of traffic whilst being as safe as possible. Please note that no parking spaces have been lost (in fact a few have been gained) and there are more passing places along the stretch to enable traffic to move more easily and alleviate the bottlenecks experienced.
Clerk, Northleach with Eastington Town Council
Update: The Town Council is aware that the extent of the markings in front of The Old Forge does not match the order. We hope to resolve this as a matter of urgency.
The Town Council is receiving complaints from Gloucestershire Highways that their salting lorry cannot get through the main route though the Town because cars are parked on double yellow lines between the Wheatsheaf Hotel and the Market Place AT NIGHT and blocking the road.
If you are aware of anyone parking on these yellow lines at night, please could you bring to their attention:
- It is illegal
- CDC Parking Enforcement and the Police have been alerted to the problem
- The road may not be gritted / salted overnight
- The snow plough may not be able to operate
- And we hope they will not require an emergency vehicle in a hurry !
Clerk to Northleach with Eastington Town Council
01451 861499 / 07870 170823
Gloucestershire Highways will be re-surfacing the area at the traffic roundabout on the A40 and all traffic will be routed through the Town.
NO PARKING AND NO WAITING WILL BE ALLOWED ALONG HIGH STREET FROM THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS AT THE JUNCTION WITH THE A429 AT WEST END RIGHT THROUGH TO THE JUNCTION WITH THE A40 AT EAST END
- Any vehicles blocking the route will be moved.
With the permission of CDC and Gloucestershire Fire Service, parking will be available for residents at:
- The Old Prison (although vehicles may be parked from 6pm on Saturday, 5 February, please note that the barrier will be in place from 11pm that evening and will not be lifted until 8am on Sunday, 6 February. The same times will apply overnight Sunday / Monday)
- Car Park to Rear of the Fire Station (Please DO NOT park in front of the building)
- King George V Playing Field Car Park
- Westwoods Centre Car Park