Cotswold Lion Café, the Old Prison, Northleach.
£18,110 – £20,186 pro rata, 30 Hours a week
The Cotswolds Conservation Board is developing a new café at the Old Prison in Northleach.
The Cotswolds Conservation Board and Friends of the Cotswolds charity are creating a vibrant visitor centre at The Old Prison site focussing on the understanding, appreciation and active enjoyment of the Cotswolds and its distinctive features. The Cotswold Lion Café is opening as part of the development and we are looking to recruit a Team Leader.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a wonderful area of the country with the rare chance of contributing to the set up of a completely new café operating as part of a small visitor attraction in the heart of the Cotswolds.
A “hands on” role dealing with all the operational activities associated with a café. The successful candidate will work closely with the House Manager, Director, Board staff and members, trustees of the Friends of Cotswolds charity, volunteers and the local community to complete their duties.
We are looking to recruit a team leader capable of preparing light snacks, sandwiches and homemade cakes to a high standard. The role involves serving food and beverages to the public so a smart appearance at all times will be necessary. The role would suit a good home cook, with catering experience.
You will lead a small team of casual staff, but must have the ability to operate the café on your own. The hours of work will be 30 hours a week, to include alternate weekends and bank holidays. You will need to be flexible and be able to cover holidays and extra hours at busy periods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help recruit and manage a team of catering and serving staff, ensuring adequate staffing,
- management and access control at all times.
- Support the House Manager in ensuring the day to day operation is performed so as to be statutorily compliant with specific focus on, but not limited to: Fire, Security, Health & Safety, COSHH Food Safety, Liquor Licensing, personnel practices and other appropriate legislation as may affect the scope of the cafe’s operation; as well as in accordance with the Board’s policies and procedures.
- Help maximise income and profitability of the trading operations, promoting positive selling; effective cost control, revenue management and administration while ensuring this is both statutorily compliant and in line with the policies and procedures of the Board.
- Provide a high standard of visitor and customer service at all times commensurate with the objectives of the Board and good visitor attraction and hospitality industry practice.
- To deputise for the House Manager in the operation of the café as appropriate
Measurable success criteria.
- Achieving operational and budget targets
- Achieving sales development targets
- Improving year on year sales
The post involves regular weekend, Bank Holiday and occasional evening working with attendance at meetings and training days as required. You may be required to carry out other duties, commensurate with your level of responsibility and to travel to other sites or facilities to do so.
The closing date for applications is 6th November 2013 and interviews are scheduled for the evening of 8th November 2013 with the post commencing as soon as possible thereafter.
Further information regarding the post is downloadable at www.cotswoldsaonb.org.uk/jobs