Message from Gloucestershire County Council
In light of the recent announcement from the Prime Minister, Gloucestershire County Council wanted to remind you of the restrictions that are now in place in order to keep COVID rates down in Gloucestershire. We need to do everything we can to keep our family, friends, and colleagues safe, as well as protecting the NHS.
Tier 2 Restrictions
- you must not socialise with anyone you do not live with or who is not in your support bubble in any indoor setting
- you must not socialise in a group of more than 6 people outside, including in a garden or a public space
- you should not travel between tiers, you should stay local and avoid travelling outside of your local area
- businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-Secure manner, other than those which remain closed by law, such as nightclubs
For an extensive list of restrictions please visit the COVID advice page on our website.
On 25 December Christmas Day only, you are able to form a Christmas bubble should you wish to do so. The rules on forming and using a Christmas bubble will be the law. If you choose to form a bubble:
- keep your Christmas bubble as small as possible – two other households is a maximum, not a target
- do not join a Christmas bubble with anyone from a Tier 4 area
- stop all unnecessary social contact outside your immediate household as soon as possible and for at least five days before you meet other households in your bubble
- only meet your Christmas bubble in private homes or in your garden, places of worship, or public outdoor spaces
- only see your bubble on Christmas Day – do not stay overnight and keep your visits as short as possible
- stay local where possible. Avoid travelling from a high prevalence to a low prevalence area
- only meet people who are not in your Christmas bubble outside your home according to the rules in the tier you live in (unless coming from a lower to a higher tier) and do not meet socially with friends and family that you do not live with in your home or garden unless they are part of your Christmas bubble
You can find more information on making a Christmas bubble with friends and family on the Government website.
A message from Gloucestershire farmer and Cotswold Farm Park owner, Adam Henson, on how important it is that we follow Government guidelines:
You can view the full video on our Facebook profile.
Your county needs you – please help spread the message, not the virus!
We hope you have an enjoyable festive break, and we look forward to a brighter 2021.