Please note that the messages below are not meant to worry anyone, but the local policing team have given us details of issues happening very close to us and how householders can take steps to protect their property.
Firstly – following the computer scam message earlier this week we have had reports from Northleach residents and a household in Cold Aston that they have been targeted. Never give computer or bank information to a cold caller on the phone.
Secondly – following a message earlier this month about an increase in burglaries and vehicle crime, homes in Willersey, Church Westcote, Andoversford and Stow on the Wold were targeted and both private and commercial vehicles in Moreton in Marsh, Nether Westcote, Chipping Campden, Blockley were attacked.
Police are advising the following:
- Lock all windows and doors and remove the keys from the locks.
- Lock internal doors if possible so that if entry is gained then movement is restricted.
- If there is an alarm, get it serviced and remember to set it, regardless of how long you will be out of the house.
- Buy a safe for your jewellery and cash.
- Overnight remove all valuables, such as sat navs and tools from cars and vans. If you are not able to do this, park your vehicle in a garage if you have one.
- Do not leave hand bags, sat navs, mobiles or laptops in your vehicle at any time, regardless of how long you will be away from it. Do not try and hide these items under seats or in the boot.
- Look out for unusual callers at neighbours homes, especially if you know the occupants are usually out at work.
- Report all suspicious vehicles.
This message comes to you from the Gloucestershire Constabulary. Our telephone number for non-emergencies is 101 and calls cost 15p each. Visit the Constabulary website at www.gloucestershire.police.uk.
This is a message from the North Cotswold Local Policing Team.
Northleach with Eastington Town Council