If you would like to book the kitchen/tea room, the changing room facilities or the playing field, please contact the Clerk on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01451 861499.
About The KGV Playing Field Trust
Northleach with Eastington Town Council is the sole charity trustee for the King George V Playing Field, Northleach Charitable Trust, registered with the Charities Commission as Charity no. 1082778. All councillors are trustees of the charity.
The Trust’s aim is to maintain The King George V Playing Field for the use of residents of Northleach and the surrounding villages.
As a registered charity, the Trust is managed independently from the Town Council, with separate meetings and its own set of accounts. The trustees usually meet six times a year at the Westwoods Centre. The dates and times of these meetings are published on our meetings calendar.
In 1928, what was then known as Northleach Parish Council purchased land from Lord Sherborne and received an additional parcel of land as a gift to create a public recreation space. Ten years later, in 1939, Mr W J Castle gave another parcel of land for the same purpose and the whole was vested in the King George’s Fields Foundation. Thus in 1940 Northleach King George V Playing Field was born.
Since then the ground has been drained and the playing field surface developed. We now have an adult and junior’s football pitches, a cricket square and store, two tennis courts, a tennis club hut, a Pavilion and a car park.
Early in 2010, the bar area was leased to a local company, Northleach Club Ltd, to provide a bar facility and income towards maintainance of the Pavilion building.
A Management Group was formed a few months later to take over the day-to-day running of the building. This Group is made up of two Trustees, representatives from the sports clubs and the leaseholder of the bar area.
For further information about the Trust contact:
Cat Crompton, Clerk to the Trustees: email@example.com
Image of Charter Fair 2013 courtesy of Heather Chadwick.