To post your event here, please contact us. Your event must be local and open to the general public.
- This event has passed.
Northleach Charter Fair & Music Festival 2016
June 25, 2016 @ 11:00 am - 11:00 pmFree
The organisers of the Northleach Charter Fair and Music Festival are delighted to confirm the 2016 event, as always, the last Saturday in June – 11 am to 11 pm, Saturday 25 June. The Charter Fair, consisting of stalls and a variety of entertainments will run from 11 am to 5 pm and the Music Festival will commence at 4.30 pm and close at 11 pm. Free Admission.
The Charter Fair dates back to 1227 when King Henry III granted the town of Northleach, a Charter, allowing a weekly market and an annual fair. The date of the Charter Fair is always the last Saturday of June, that being the closest weekend to the feast day of St Peter and St Paul. The funds raised through the Fair benefit many local charities and clubs as well as international charities.
New exciting events are planned:
- A PARADE involving local children’s groups will weave its way around King George V Playing Fields and the NEW central arena.
- A DOG AGILITY DISPLAY this year from Sarah Gamble, one of the UK’s top young agility trainers, and members of the Vale Agility Dog Training Club.
- The NEW central arena will host a number of demonstrations from Pilates, line dancing, Zumba and aerobics to the annual turn out of the Andoversford Majorettes!
- POP-UP mini golf and mini tennis will be available to try.
- The Northleach Ox House Wine Bar and Black Cat Café will be providing refreshments alongside the annual BBQ, and the Church of St Peter & St Paul in Northleach will be offering tea and cakes during the afternoon.
- FANCY DRESS COMPETITION for children. More details on the website.
- Annual favourites will include Wake ‘n’ Shake, Northleach Fire Engine; fun fair; Junkfish; Go Karting and much more!
Linda Seaton, Organising Committee, comments: “We are delighted to have a go agility show and would love to be able to hold a Dog Show also. We are currently seeking willing organisers to run this who have experience of dog shows! We also hope as many groups as possible will take part in the Parade and are asking all interested parties to contact us.”
The line-up for the Music Festival has some great bands. Euphoria, the entertainment and event specialists based here in Northleach, will be in charge of the sound system for the day helping to get a fabulous party atmosphere for the evening. At the time of going to press the running order and times have not been fixed however the exciting line-up includes:
- Chapter 99 playing a pop and rock mix
- The Metz Big Band, a full 16 piece Big Band, playing music in the good old ‘Big Band’ style
- Mansfield Smith, Americana and Country
- The Bridge playing a lively pop and rock set
- Paige and The Red Shift, with their special blend of pop/folk indie
- Plucking Different, the Ukulele Band
Disclaimer: Details of local events are passed on for information only, and Northleach with Eastington Town Council does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for the organisation of these events, except where stated. We make reasonable efforts to provide correct information, but cannot guarantee that all data provided is accurate in every respect. Please check details with the event organiser where necessary.