Thank you to all of you who were able to attend one of the recent Stakeholder events to discuss ‘Your NHS Maintaining Quality, Improving Efficiency’. The discussions have been very valuable and will influence thinking as NHS Gloucestershire go forward to develop proposals for further involvement. There has been general support for the direction of travel, with key themes emerging so far from feedback received highlighted below:
- Prevention and Self Care
- Target young people, expectant mothers – supporting people to take responsibility for their own health and wellbeing
- Urgent Care
- Supporting people to use the “right” services (Choose well).
- Planned Care
- Reduce the number of routine follow-up outpatient appointments, based on agreed clinical need. Support for the continued development of community based services – reducing the number of patients having to go into the large hospitals when this is right for the patient
- Clinical benefits
- Ensure the best use of finite NHS resources – focusing on funding treatments and procedures that have strong clinical benefits. Achieving the best outcomes for the patient and their carers
- Care in the larger hospitals
- Concentrate specialist teams to ensure safe, quality services. Provide follow-up local care and support
If you were unable to attend one of the recent events, you can still share your views on ‘Your NHS’ by visiting the NHS Gloucestershire website.
Do take the time to read the information on the website before completing a short confidential online survey. The deadline for responses is Friday 22nd October 2010. Do please feel free to share this information with others, the more feedback received, the better!
For more information, contact Becky Parish at NHS telephone 08454 221513.